In addition to the bereavement services for the families we serve, we have provided some helpful grief support links below:
1. Give yourself permission to grieve in your own way. No two people react in the same way and no two circumstances are ever the same.
2. There are some phases people go through during the first few days, weeks and months. You may feel lonely, like no one knows how you feel. This is normal, and you need to remember other people have also felt like this, so you are not alone. You might go through denial, thinking this could not possibly happen and it must be a bad dream . The sooner you accept that it is real, the sooner you can begin to get past the grief.
3. Honor the person and think positively about the times you shared together.
4. Know that it will get better. The hardest time will be the first year, because you will experience your first holidays, birth dates and occasions without the person who has passed on.
5. Find something that gives you comfort. For some it will be to listen to very uplifting music. For others sitting quietly is the only thing they are capable of doing.
For more valuable resources CLICK HERE